While winter is often thought of as a season of dormancy there are several ways you can continue to enjoy the beauty of your yard, even in the dead of winter. Our landscape designers created this list of characteristics and recommended plants when planting for winter interest.
When selecting plants for your garden consider the following characteristics for added winter interest:
- Choose plants & trees with interesting shape.
- These are lovely when the snow falls or a layer of frost forms and is caught upon branches.
- Seek out year-round color through foliage, berries, or evergreen shrubs and trees.
- Plant trees and shrubs with interesting texture and bark patterns.
- When branches are bare this provides an excellent pop of color and visual interest.