With Christmas right around the corner, it’s time to plan out your holiday lighting design! Often, simply changing the color used in your display can change the feel entirely. With many colors and options to choose from, the choices may feel overwhelming. Our lighting design experts have some holiday lighting style tips to help your home stand out from the crowd this season.
Warm White or Winter White and Why?
The options are endless when it comes to choosing colors for your holiday lights display. The most common Christmas light colors are warm white and winter white. Warm white lights work well as a complement to Christmas décor that uses gold ornaments and ribbons. Winter white lights give off a blueish-white color and work best when used to create a pattern with other colored lights, like red and blue.
Lighting Styles & Designs
Using certain colors of lighting can change the overall feel of the entire display. Here are some examples of how changing the color of lights and decorations can change the whole look of your home.
This first look is a great example of a traditional holiday lights display. The warm white lights give a classic look when complemented by the lit wreath with a bow and column accents at the front entrance.
The second look is a more colorful take on traditional Christmas lights using multicolored lights combined with pre-lit deer figurines added into the landscape. We have many different options to choose from for yard decorations including Santa, elves, gingerbread houses, snowflakes and much more.
This next look features winter white lights combined with blue lights and is a great way to decorate and celebrate Hanukkah.
Our last look is a great example for a themed display using certain color schemes, like red, white and blue, or orange and blue for the Denver Broncos.
Adding greenery, figurines, or inflatables can help enhance the feel and style of your holiday lights display. The options are endless for light colors and decoration combinations which allows you to create a truly unique holiday lights display! For more lighting and décor tips click here.
Love Colorful Holiday Lights? Consider the Meaning Behind the Colors You Select
- Multicolored lights can be seen as very fun and vibrant and can give your home life and personality.
- White lights can represent simplicity, purity and minimalism. Using white lights helps convey a minimalist aesthetic and clean, modern quality.
- Red lights give a bold, energetic and lively feel. Red can symbolize strength, confidence and power.
- Orange lights are associated with fun and vibrancy. Orange represents youthfulness, creativity and adventure.
- Yellow lights can give a sunny feeling and is the most visible color from a distance. Yellow communicates cheerfulness, friendliness, joy and energy.
- Green lights represent nature, vitality and growth. Green is also a complementary color to red, which is why they go so well together for Christmas!
- Blue lights can be calming and tranquil. Blue lights can be combined with winter white lights to give an icy look or to celebrate Hanukkah.
- Purple lights represent royalty and mystery. Purple is traditionally associated with royalty, majesty or nobility.
- Pink lights give a feminine, romantic and exciting feel. Pink lights will stand out from the rest because they are not commonly used for holiday decoration.
With some planning and careful consideration, you can easily have a beautiful holiday lights display that will help your home feel fun and festive this holiday season. If you decide that you would prefer a professional to take care of all your Christmas décor needs, Christmas Décor by Timberline has been designing and installing beautiful lighting displays since 2001. Our service includes the option to change lighting colors and décor style year to year and you don’t have to purchase new lights when you want to change it up. Color combinations can also be selected to complement other seasons and occasions, such as purple and orange lights for Halloween, red white and blue lights for a patriotic display, or blue and orange lights to cheer on the Denver Broncos!
Contact us today to see how we can help you make your holidays merry and bright!
Check out our interactive Christmas Lights Guide here