Timberline Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning company serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, “Creating a Little Bit of Heaven” for 35 years. We offer a full range of services from landscape design, construction and maintenance for commercial and residential properties.
Primary Operational Objectives:
The Project Coordinator works closely with Project Manager and Superintendents to create comprehensive action plans concerning material procurement, production rates and time frames for projects. Project Coordinator will perform various duties such as project review, submittals, and scheduling of deliveries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Study and understand general scope of work on awarded projects.
- Attend Makers and Breakers meetings.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining job
- Archive old and outdated plans into separate folder to help ensure installation is utilizing only the latest accurate plans.
- Material submittals are created as necessary in the proper job folder accessible to Superintendents, Project Manager and Purchasing Agent to ensure only the proper approved materials are being purchased.
- Assist as needed in acquiring and uploading vendor quotes into proper folders, and regularly refer to quotes to maintain material budgets.
- Turnover and Warranty forms, As-Built drawings are strictly maintained.
- Upload and maintain current project documents, (plans, field reports, etc.), into Aspire for access by construction field team.
- Work with Safety Manager as soon as project is awarded to ensure job specific requirements as well as general safety requirements are identified and addressed.
- Create and implement JHA plan for each project discuss potential problems and technical challenges and assist in development of solutions.
- Coordinate additional general contractor training requirements such as on-line safety registration and site safety orientation.
- Facilitate creation and submittal of any safety tailgates as required by contract.
- Coordinate with Superintendents and Project Manager to determine immediate goals and needs and assist construction team with procurement of material and subcontractor coordination.
- Ascertain amount of work to be performed utilizing E-Takeoff software, and ascertain hours necessary, to create a detailed two-week projection schedule on a weekly basis. Schedules shall be printed and presented at weekly Thursday morning Commercial Construction meetings.
- Maintain Aspire schedule to ensure proper tickets are allocated on job routes and hold superintendents accountable to managing and updating the schedule board as job progress dictates.
- Utilize schedules to plan deliveries in a detailed fashion to avoid emergency orders. follow up with scheduled deliveries confirming needs, quantities, delivery times, etc. up to and including time of delivery.
- Ensure subcontract agreements are in order including required documents (Subcontract Agreement, I-9, Insurance, Etc.).
- Coordinate timing of subcontractor work with superintendents. Adhere to material budget by monitoring vendor prices in comparison to quoted prices.
- Familiarize with surplus stock and utilize whenever possible prior to ordering new materials.
- Monitor progress on current projects to help keep workflow on track.
- Utilize E-Takeoff software to update installed to date quantities on all ongoing projects.
- Update regularly on a minimum weekly basis, by no later than Monday afternoon to ensure any discrepancies can be addressed and implemented into the scheduling process.
- Assist Senior Estimator when required.
- Serve as backup for snow removal services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Project Management or related field; OR five years of crew leading experience or management in the landscaping industry.
- Excellent with computer software, especially Microsoft Office and job management software. Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Effective communication skills; including writing, routine correspondence, reports, presenting to employees, and interpersonal communication.
- Must pass post-offer background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record, MVR.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Leadership, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills (including the handling of multiple priorities and deadlines).
- Effective organizational skills that includes the ability to self-manage work and manage the work of others.
- Must be highly adaptable to the kinds of change that comes along with working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starting initiative to pursue improvements and projects without substantial supervision.
- Experience with Aspire software
- Landscape Industry Experience, including emphasis on commercial irrigation
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (must ask for help when lifting over 50 pounds).
- This job, at times, requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, control of hand tools and powered equipment, and other work associated with landscaping.
- May be required to work in adverse weather conditions; including snow, extreme cold and heat, and other elements.
Wage & Benefits:
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Position Title: Project Coordinator
- Reports To: Project Manager
- Supervises: None
- Department: Commercial Construction
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Project Manager or related field, or relevant experience
- Experience: 5+ years in lieu of degree or relevant experience
- Career Level: Exempt, Coordinator
- Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
- Hours: 40 – 45 hours per week
- Benefits (per company policy):
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (per ACA guidelines)
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401K Investment plan