Timberline Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning company serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, “Creating a Little Bit of Heaven” for 35 years. We offer a full range of services from landscape design, construction and maintenance for commercial and residential properties.
Primary Operational Objectives:
The main functions of the intern is to create attractive, functional outdoor living spaces for homeowners and businesses and assist with sales.
For more supplemental information, such as short-term housing suggestions and recreational activities, please visit www.timberlinelandscaping.com/careers
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use creativity and the beauty of nature to design a harmonious, aesthetically pleasing and functional areas; such as lawns, walkways, outdoor living space, and more.
- Assist the designers in the sales process.
- Present, promote, and sell products/services using convincing communication to both current and potential clients.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of both present and potential clients to meet their expectations.
- Communicate exceptionally well with clients, vendors, and coworkers.
- Perform site analyses with other designers that include the assessment of current plants, soil conditions, slope/grade, lighting, the view, and architecture style of the property.
- Research topics such as plant health and their ability to survive within our climate, guidelines, and codes.
- Review and understand plans, proposed changes, and any other necessary documents.
- Speak confidently when presenting projects, complete with plans and associated documents.
- Oversee the progression of the project to ensure that plans are on pace for on-time completion.
- Generate CAD designs, drafting plans, construction details, hand renderings, and digital 3D models.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are without error.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working on or has Bachelors Degree in Landscape Design, Construction Management, or related landscape design experience and coursework.
- At minimum, a junior or senior within undergraduate program.
- AutoCAD experience a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A basic understanding of materials and labor costing.
- Knowledge of how ecological conditions can affect a proposed design.
- Raw talent for sketching and drawing. Though computer programs are used for most plans, the candidate should still be able to create realistic drawings by hand.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a keen sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Must have reliable transportation as travel will be required.
- Must pass background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record, and drug screening.
- Must be willing to do things outside of job description. All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Fast-paced, fun and casual office environment.
- Must be flexible with schedule to accommodate client needs.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and lift/move up to 30 lbs.
- Walking, bending, twisting, reaching, crawling, stretching and standing on occasion is required.
- Job is partly an indoor office setting. The other part of the job is spent out-of-office in sales meetings/pitches, client site meetings, visiting vendors, and evaluations. This will require that you be outdoors.
Wage & Benefits:
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Position Title: Landscape Design Intern
- Reports to: Residential Design and Sales Manager
- Supervises: N/A
- Department: Residential Construction
- Education: Relevant design experience and coursework
- Experience: N/A
- Career Level: Seasonal, Entry
- Hourly: $16.00/hour
- Hours: 40/week
- Benefits: (Per company eligibility)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Legal Shield and AFLAC
- Paid time off
- 401K Investment plan