Timberline Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning company serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, “Creating a Little Bit of Heaven” for 35 years. We offer a full range of services from landscape design, construction and maintenance for commercial and residential properties.
Primary Operational Objectives:
The Landscape Construction Intern will support the core functions of our Construction Business Unit. The intern will gain real-word paid experience by taking on assigned responsibilities in project management to sharpen core skills. The intern will also spend about 20% of their time rotating through other departments to learn how their core responsibilities helps make the business successful, especially as it pertains to the project life cycle. This position will run for approximately 90 days during the summer of 2022, depending on the accepted candidate and variables such as graduation date. The successful candidate will be energetic, skilled in math and project management standards and techniques, and a self-starting individual looking to utilize their construction or horticulture-related college education to work at the next level within the field.
For more supplemental information, such as short-term housing suggestions and recreational activities, please visit www.timberlinelandscaping.com/careers
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up folders, keep files organized, and make ‘material submittals’ packages when required.
- Help project managers:
- Print plans
- Read scopes
- Understand contracts
- View opportunities and understand and apply specifications through the estimating process
- Evaluate won jobs to understand contract requirements, submittals, and understanding of client wants/needs
- Pre-job planning; to include manpower needs, equipment needs, material needs, budgetary restraints
- Taking pre-planning and applying it to a real-world schedule, setting start dates and various deadlines throughout the project
- Ongoing management of needs during the project and evaluation of the progress, making adjustments as necessary for the efficiency and success of the project
- Participate in project closeout, ensuring a seamless turnover process to client, to include walk-throughs and all required turnover items.
- On occasion, participate in field work to be involved in a hands-on capacity in your project management process
- Observance of all legal considerations; to include contract obligations, thorough communication with necessary parties, OSHA requirements, calling in ‘utility locates’, and other legal considerations.
- Support other functional departments as a supplement to the internship; such as Accounting, Human Resources, Technology, Quality Assurance, Sales, Estimating, and operational business units.
- Must, at minimum, currently be in junior year of college to be considered.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s (or meet the criteria above) in either Project Management, Construction Management, Business Administration, or relevant college coursework and experience (such as Horticulture). An emphasis or minor in any of the above areas will also be considered.
- Effective communication skills; including writing, routine correspondence, reports, presenting to employees, and interpersonal communication.
- Skilled in geometry and blueprints (including elevations, grades, etc.)
- Excellent with technology and software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must pass post-offer background check consisting of employment history, professional references, and criminal record.
- Leadership, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills (including the handling of multiple priorities and deadlines).
- Effective organizational skill that includes the ability to self-manage work.
- Must be highly adaptable to the kinds of change that comes along with working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starting initiative to pursue improvements and projects without substantial supervision.
- Landscaping industry experience.
- Construction industry experience.
- Experience in horticulture and/or outdoor fields.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Office environment with field exposure, about 65/35.
- Occasionally lift/move up to 50lbs, above 50 pounds required to ask for help.
Wage & Benefits:
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Position Title: Landscape Construction Intern
- Reports To: Construction Manager
- Supervises: None
- Department: Construction
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or at least junior year
- Experience: None required
- Career Level: Temporary, Intern
- Length: Approximately 90 days during the summer of 2022
- Wage: $16.12/per hour
- Hours: 40/week
- Benefits: (Per company eligibility)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Legal Shield and AFLAC
- Paid time off
- 401K Investment plan