Timberline Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning company serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, “Creating a Little Bit of Heaven” for 35 years. We offer a full range of services from landscape design, construction and maintenance for commercial and residential properties.
Primary Operational Objectives:
Construction crew leaders are responsible for leading crews on all sorts of landscaping projects. They distribute instructions throughout the team, communicate with the Project Manager, and ensure completion of the job from start to finish according to the SOW.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and understand scope of work with Superintendent.
- Understand project design, and documents, i.e. plans and specs.
- Understand any unique materials and/or methods may be used on projects.
- Participate in pre-job planning with Superintendent to help ensure that projects can proceed smoothly and efficiently.
- Understand expectations and goals communicated from Superintendent .
- Understand project scheduling.
- Participate in assessing equipment needs and preferences to optimize efficiency according to conditions and situation.
- Accurately report project production to Superintendent .
- Accurately document your team’s time.
- Conduct daily team huddles to organize specific assignments to team members, discuss safety, assign specific tasks, communicate production goals.
- Communicate changing conditions and arising challenges thoroughly with Superintendent.
- Ensure quality expectations are defined, understood, and are being met and exceeded.
- Ensure that customers are completely satisfied through effective communication, relationship building and regular site visits as well as the ability to develop customer rapport.
- Build a productive, cohesive team through training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Actively participate in cooperative planning and coordination with Superintendent and other teams.
- Understand the need for and exhibit the ability to adapt to meet critical deadlines.
- Ensure a safe environment for employees, customers, and the public while ensuring the work is done efficiently.
- Positive attitude with a professional demeanor and appearance, team oriented, and a strong role model for ethics and integrity.
- Exhibit a professional and capable presence with clients.
- Delegate tasks to team member based on individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels with the goal of promoting growth and advancement amongst your team and companywide.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Other duties when assigned.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must pass background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, and criminal record
- Must be able to interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Secure all materials and equipment needed, keep in good condition.
- Must be punctual, responsible and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Demonstrate dependability and efficient work practices.
- Must be able to read and understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak, read and write English. Bilingual in Spanish, highly desirable.
- Must be willing to do things outside of your job description. All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
- Knowledge of plants and horticulture.
- Standard and proper planting techniques.
- Ability to install proper drainage and stormwater paths.
- Knowledge of hardscapes; to include retaining walls, walkways, and paver installations.
- Ability to install site amenities; such as garbage cans, water fountains, landscape lighting, and other furnishings.
- Ability to install various water features; such as fountains and ponds.
- Required to have or obtain LICT within one year of hire.
- Landscape Industry Certified in Softscape (commercial) or Hardscape (residential) a plus.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Proven track record of managing a crew.
- Creative, pro-active problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to inspire others to their full potential.
- Responsible for maintaining and the upkeep of company equipment.
- Must have a safe driving record as driving is a requirement of the position.
- Experience driving trucks and trailers and operating landscape equipment.
- Must attend training and/or seminars.
- Must have technical experience operating a smart phone and/or computer.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (ask for help for over 50 lbs.)
- This is an outdoor job with exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- This job, at a minimum, requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, control of hand tools and small to medium sized machinery.
- Occasional exposure to dust, grease, noise and chemical vapors – PPE is provided.
Wage & Benefits:
- Position Title: Landscape Construction Crew Leader
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Salary: Hourly rate $20 – $28/ DOE
- Benefits: (Per company eligibility)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Profit sharing
- Paid time off
- 401K Investment plan