Timberline Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning company serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, “Creating a Little Bit of Heaven” for 35 years. We offer a full range of services from landscape design, construction and maintenance for commercial and residential properties.
Primary Operational Objectives:
Irrigation Installation Crew Leaders are responsible for leading crews on irrigation installation projects. They distribute instructions throughout the team, communicate with the Superintendent, and ensure completion of the job from start to finish according to the standards of work. During the winter season, employee will be available to work snow removal, Christmas Décor, and installation of holiday lighting for both commercial and residential properties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Review and understand scope of work with Superintendent.
• Implement project design, and documents, i.e. plans and specifications.
• Integrate any unique materials and/or methods may be used on projects.
• Participate in pre-job planning with Superintendent to help ensure that projects can proceed smoothly and efficiently.
• Fulfill expectations and goals communicated from Superintendent.
• Execute the project scheduling plan.
• Participate in assessing equipment needs and preferences to optimize efficiency according to conditions and situation.
• Report project production to Superintendent.
• Document the team’s work hours.
• Conduct daily team huddles to organize specific assignments to team members, discuss safety, assign specific tasks, and communicate production goals.
• Communicate changing conditions and arising challenges thoroughly with Superintendent.
• Ensure quality expectations for the team are defined, understood, and are being met and exceeded.
• Ensure that customers are completely satisfied through effective communication, relationship building, and regular site visits.
• Build a productive, cohesive team through training, coaching, and mentoring.
• Actively participate in cooperative planning and coordination with Superintendents from other teams.
• See the need for and exhibit the ability to adapt when necessary to meet critical deadlines.
• Ensure a safe environment for employees, customers, and the public while ensuring the work is done efficiently.
• Exhibit a professional and capable presence with clients.
• Delegate tasks to team member based on individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels with the goal of promoting growth and advancement amongst the team and companywide.
• Use and continually develop leadership skills.
• Other duties when assigned.
• 5+ years of irrigation installation experience on commercial construction projects. For Residential construction openings, the standard is 3+ years. Residential installation experience will also be considered for commercial construction, and vice versa.
• Valid Driver’s License with a driving record that is acceptable to our insurance company.
• Ability to read and interpret irrigation/landscape blueprints and install accordingly.
• Advanced installation and controller programming.
• Knowledge of smart controllers and web-based systems a plus.
• Backflow and meter installation, to include solder and flare fittings.
• Capable of installing and troubleshooting wiring, both standard and two-wire.
• Experienced with advanced irrigation systems, including gasketed pipe, ductile fitting, etc.
• Familiar with various types of sensors.
• Working knowledge of hydraulics and irrigation system specifications. Certifications a plus.
• Ability to make necessary field adjustments to irrigation designs.
• Working knowledge of pump installations.
• This job requires a uniform and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as well as adherence to all safety rules and policies.
• Experience in commercial landscaping or landscaping maintenance.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English.
• Responsible for the maintaining and upkeep of company equipment.
• Experience operating landscape equipment.
• Must attend training and/or seminars.
• Must have technical experience operating a smart phone and/or computer.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (ask for help with object weighing more than 50 pounds).
• This position spends most working hours outside in all temperatures and weather conditions.
• Exposure to dust, grease, noise, and chemical vapors – PPE is provided.
• This job, at a minimum, requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, control of hand tools and small to medium sized machinery.
Job Summary & benefits:
• Location: Colorado Springs, CO
• Reports To: Superintendent
• Experience: 5+ years
• Career Level: Non-manager (non-exempt)
• Education: None required
• Salary: $18 – $30/hour DOE
• Health insurance as per ACA guidelines
• Life/Accidental death insurance
• Retirement plan with matching
• Supplemental insurance