The Automotive Technician will be responsible for all mechanical repair operations to include: fleet vehicles that consist of Ford F-550s, Dodge Rams, Isuzu NPRs. In addition, repair operations include associated tow behind equipment consisting of air compressors, trailers, etc.
The successful candidate must be able to work nights to take advantage of equipment downtime.
Duties & responsibilities:
· Ability to perform advanced diagnosis & repair to include: drivability, electrical, suspension, steering, engine, drivetrain and transmission repair and replacement in accordance with manufacturer’s required and recommended practices.
· Perform routine automotive maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tire rotations, transmission fluid changes, HVAC service, battery installations, etc.
Ability to process daily routine paperwork.
· Must be able to perform annual DOT inspections according to the FMCSR.
· Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair. Must be able to use electronic manuals and web-based troubleshooting guides in order to conduct repairs properly.
· Conduct extensive diagnostic procedures to determine the root cause of problems and provide accurate repair recommendations.
· Conduct necessary repairs and take vehicles for post-repair test drives to verify soundness of repairs.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
· Maintain legible and accurate paperwork
· Clean and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
· Perform mechanic repair work ranging from minor repairs to major engine overhauls on all automotive equipment.
· Perform trailer wiring, brake repairs & maintenance, hydraulics repairs & maintenance, and tire repair.
· Ability to take direction from Shop Foreman.
· Other functions as assigned.
MUST WORK NIGHTS AS A REQUIREMENT OF THE POSITION.
· ASE Certifications in A4 (Suspension & Steering) and A5 (Brakes).
· Previous working technician experience of at least 3 years.
· Self-starting initiative to find answers to problems through manuals, safety rules, and other information searches.
· Experience working on various makes/models.
· Must provide your own tools.
· Valid Colorado driver’s license with a current safe driving record which must be maintained for this position
· Professional conduct and communication.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Keep up-to-date with current/emerging mechanical trends
Desired qualities to include:
· ASE certification(s) preferred:
A6 – Electrical/Electronic Sys.
A7 – Heating & Air Conditioning
A8 – Engine Performance
A9 – Light Vehicle Diesel Engines
· Knowledge of small engines, fabrication and welding
· Valid Colorado CDL Class A driver’s license
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. (ask for assistance when lifting more than 50 lbs.)
· Moderate noise level in the work environment
· This job is an indoor/outdoor job which will require exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals and odors.
Paid time off
401K investment plan
Location: Colorado Springs
Position Title: Automotive Technician (Night Shop)
Reports To: Shop Foreman
Education: ASE Certifications and/or vocational school diploma
Experience: 3 + years of working experience as a technician
Career Level: Non-manager, non-exempt
Salary: $18 – $25
Hours: FT 40+ hours per week
Benefits (per company policy):