Timberline Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning company serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, “Creating a Little Bit of Heaven” for 35 years. We offer a full range of services from landscape design, construction and maintenance for commercial and residential properties.
Primary Operational Objectives:
The Associate Account Manager will support the core functions of our maintenance account management team. This person will gain real-world paid experience by taking on assigned responsibilities in account management to sharpen core skills. The Associate Account Manager will also spend about 20% of their time rotating through other departments to learn how their core responsibilities help make the business successful. The successful candidate will be energetic, skilled in building client relationships and maintaining properties, and a self-starting individual looking to utilize their business or horticulture-related college education to work at the next level within the field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with overall oversight of portfolio properties.
- Understand and assist in the estimating process.
- Support quality expectations in field operations.
- Communicate with clients and customers to help ensure complete satisfaction.
- Participate in regular site visits to ensure quality and contract expectations are being met.
- Assist with billing and paperwork.
- Support account managers in the negotiation of contract renewals.
- On occasion, participate in field work to be involved in a hands-on capacity in your portfolio management process.
- Support other functional departments as a supplement to the internship; such as Accounting, Human Resources, Technology, Quality Assurance, Sales, Estimating, and operational business units
- Must, at minimum, currently be in junior year of college to be considered.
- Bachelor’s (or meet the criteria above) in either Business Administration, Horticulture, or relevant college coursework and experience. An emphasis or minor in any of the above areas will also be considered.
- Effective communication skills; including writing, routine correspondence, reports, presenting to employees, and interpersonal communication.
- Excellent with technology and software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must pass post-offer background check consisting of employment history, professional references, and criminal record).
- Positive attitude with a professional demeanor and appearance, be team oriented, and be a strong role model for ethics and integrity
- Minimal customer service experience
- Minimal leadership experience
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills using a windows environment and Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license with a current safe driving record which must be maintained for this job position
- Leadership, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills (including the handling of multiple priorities and deadlines).
- Effective organizational skills that include the ability to self-manage work.
- Must be highly adaptable to the kinds of change that comes along with working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starting initiative to pursue improvements and projects without substantial supervision.
- Landscaping industry experience.
- Construction industry experience.
- Experience in horticulture and/or outdoor fields.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Office environment with field exposure, about 80/20.
- Occasionally lift/move up to 50lbs, above 50 pounds required to ask for help.
Wage & Benefits:
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
- Position Title: Associate Account Manager
- Reports To: Account Managers
- Supervises: None
- Department: Maintenance
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or at least junior year
- Experience: None required
- Career Level: Entry level
- Wage: $45,000 to $49,000 plus commission
- Hours: Full Time
- Health insurance as per ACA guidelines
- Life/Accidental death insurance
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- 401K Investment plan